STATEMENT BY THE DELEGATION OF THE REPUBLIC OF INDONESIA AT THE INTERACTIVE DIALOGUE ON THE HIGH COMMISSIONER REPORT ON MYANMAR, 21 MARCH 2022
Thank you, Mr. President,1. We take note the report of the High Commissioner on the situation of human rights in Myanmar since the 1 February 2021.
2. All parties must refrain from using violence and for the authorities in Myanmar to respect, protect, promote and fulfil the human rights of all persons within the State’s territory or under its jurisdiction or control.
3. Indonesia urge Myanmar to immediately and fully implement the 5 Points Consensus without further delay, including to provide the ASEAN Special Envoy the access to conduct his mission in a meaningful and productive manner.
4. We reaffirm our support for a more visible and enhanced role of ASEAN to support Myanmar by providing humanitarian assistance, facilitating the repatriation process, and promoting sustainable development in Rakhine State. We stress the importance of the voluntary return of displaced persons in a safe, secure, and dignified manner.
5. We reaffirm the need for Myanmar to create necessary condition for dialogue and negotiation in accordance with the will and aspirations of the Myanmar people for the peaceful return to democracy.
6. Furthermore, Indonesia stressed that continued support from international community to maintain enabling environment is pertinent.
7. As such, support from the Council and its mechanism for ASEAN’s efforts, including on humanitarian assistances should be further strengthened.
I thank you.